Mind on the Job episode 3 — Burnout & Wellbeing!
Work can sometimes be stressful, but if it gets too bad or goes on for too long, people can burn out. But what does that look like? How would you know if you’re at risk of burning out? What causes burnout, and what should organisations be doing to prevent it?
To answer these questions, Ben chats to organisational psychology experts Professor Michael Leiter (Deakin University) and Ms Diya Dey (FBG Group).
Go to MindOnTheJob.com for more resources on this topic.
In the meantime, here are some resources to seek out:
- Heads Up — Resources to support a mentally healthy workplace
- Beyond Blue — Support for depression
- Psychology Today article: Identifying Burnout
- Professors Michael Leiter and Cary Cooper have a new book coming out on May 24 2017: The Routledge Companion to Wellbeing at Work
- Article summarising research into burnout
- Lifeline telephone line (Australia): 13 11 14
- If outside Australia, consult this list of suicide help lines.
Available on iTunes, SoundCloud, TuneIn, as well as PocketCast and many more apps! Contact us to suggest others if you can’t access it on your preferred app.
Mind on the Job
Created, presented & produced by Dr Ben Searle (@drbensearle)
Episode 03: Burnout & Wellbeing at Work: How Do We Manage Them?
Guests: Professor Michael Leiter and Ms Diya Dey
Music is Cypher by Kevin Macleod
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave us a rating & review on iTunes (or wherever you get your podcasts)!